Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Something about me

Jane Hall


After graduating from Burr Oak High School, I attended Southwestern Michigan College where I was a three-sport athlete. Upon my graduation in 1981, I received my Associates in Arts Degree. I continued my education at Western Michigan University, where I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in 1984, with a major in Physical Education, and a minor in Coaching. I also received my teaching degree in the Spring of 1984.

My first teaching assignment was a half-time position teaching physical education in the Burr Oak Community Schools, which, after one year, became a full-time teaching position in physical education. I continued to teach that position for three years, and then, when I was expecting our third child, I chose to leave teaching temporarily, to stay home and to take care of my children. At that time, I also established a daycare and took on the responsibility of building my own business. After nine years of operating my daycare and raising my four children, I took a side trip; I was an electrician for five months. Then, I decided to follow my heart and return to teaching and coaching.

Athletics have always been a large part of my life. I was a four-sport athlete in high school and a three-sport athlete in college. I began my coaching career while I was still in college; I was the girls' basketball coach at Schoolcraft High School. I then coached volleyball for two years at Glen Oaks Community College. While on staff at Burr Oak, I coached four years of varsity girls' basketball. For more than ten years, from 1995 to 2005, volunteer coaching for a large variety of children’s sports kept me busy. Now, coaching is a three-season endeavor for me and I find it very rewarding.

I have been married to John Hall for 23 years and we have 4 children: Patrick, T.J., Christin, and Emily. I enjoy any time that I get to spend with my family. I also enjoy running, water and snow skiing, and going to sporting events, all the way from high school through the professional level. I love working in my yard and doing home improvement.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What fun to know more about you, Jane! I like to watch some of the same sports although the little kids are exciting to watch too.